Saturday, May 29, 2010

My First Book

I made a book: I cut the paper by hand, did the layout in InDesign, made the illustrations using Photoshop, and sewed it all up with embroidery floss. Here are some photographs of the finished product:


The poems are a 5-poem series published in Center last year called The Floralia, and true, I don't write a lot of poetry, but that's all the more reason this 5-poem series is worth "be-booking." You can also view the book through issuu (hover over the center for the option to view in full screen!):



The online version mainly loses the "golden ratio": I cut the book by hand specifically to get those proportions, but there's no way (I know of) to customize the proportions on issuu.

I made 3 copies of my "first edition" and all three are claimed, but I am going to be making a 2nd edition of more than 3 -- probably between 6-15; if you're interested in buying a copy, just contact me and let me know!

No comments: